Warning! You must have completed the Connected App Setup before this feature will work.
- Click “Setup” on your Salesforce system
- Select the “Create” drop down under “App Setup” in the sidebar
- Select “Objects” from the options box
- Select “New Custom Object” button
Enter the following information –
Label: BuiltWith Alert Plural Label: BuiltWith Alerts Object Name: BuiltWithAlert Record Name: Domain Data Type: Text
- Click the Save Button
- Select the “New” button next to “Custom Fields & Relationships” in the new screen that appears and add the following fields –
Data Type: Date Field Label and Field Name: Detected
Data Type: Text Length: 255 Field Label and Field Name: Alert Name
Data Type: Text Length: 255 Field Label and Field Name: Technology
You are welcome to add any other custom fields or relationships to this object providing none of the fields are compulsory (as our system will not have a default value for them).
Once you have completed the above steps your Custom Object must have at least the following field setup –
Next step: Pushing Technology Alerts to Salesforce